MommyBegins has been nominated for the Liebster Award, which is essentially a blogger award given by bloggers to fellow bloggers, in order to broaden the blogging community. Neat.
There are few rules to be followed once you get nominated. This includes:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you
(MommyBegins sends a BIG Thank You to fellow blogger, Lina (Blogs at Adventures of Mom Mom
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you
(I will do so in the next few sentences)
3. Nominate 11 other blogs with less than 500 followers
4. Post 11 questions for your nominees to answer
5.Tag your nominees & post a comment on their blog to let them know you nominated them
Rules are rules, people. It is not a quick post to where you can cut-copy-paste all the blog links, get to the blogger pages and tag the ones you really want to be nominated. But then road to victory (good times etc etc) is seldom easy, they say. Right?
So here’s what I was asked by Lina
1. Why did you start blogging?
I am a very talkative person. And when I could not find enough members around me interested in listening to me, I turned to blogging. Also, because it gave a certain global platform to go beyond the boundaries of my home, city, family and share my experiences with complete strangers.
2. Who inspires you the most and why?
Every day I come face-to-face with mundane to most extra-ordinary situations. There is no better inspiration for me than my own life & people in my life.
3. What was your favorite book as a child?
Mostly comics as they brought colours to my bedtime, playtime routine. And I moved from local comic strips in India to Archies.
4. List three things from your bucket list!
- To acquire a lifestyle where gymming is intrinsic
- Go to Europe on a country wide exploration tour
- Have at least 19 designer wear in my closet that can ably mask celluloid
5. What is your favorite recipe/meal?
Hmm, anything that my mom will serve me when I get back home from work.
6. What is your dream vacation?
Get my self and family to alpine villages of Gstaad. Some day.
7. If you could meet any celebrity, who would it be?
Richard Gere. How can I die without meeting the ONLY man who twinkles with his eyes.
8. You decide to write a book. What is it about?
PARENTING. The unexplained journey
9. What is your favorite hobby?
Reading and reading and reading some more
10. What do you consider to be your greatest accomplishment so far?
Creating a human being and giving everything I have to make him into a good human being all
11. What was your favorite toy when you were a child?
Monopoly. I cheated and won every single time.
Phew. Now that I have done my bit of answering questions, it’s my chance to ask some Qs to my nominees. My pick of nominees are:
Inside The Life of Moi
Your Best Nest
One Crazy Mother
So Here’s Us
Home is Where Heart is
I am the Milk
My questions to my nominees are as follows:
- What’s/Who’s your motivation to blog?
- If you were not blogging, how else would you express your thoughts?
- If you could change anything (notwithstanding the technical expertise), what would you change about your blog?
- One blog, that you wish you had started?
- Why should you win any blogging award?
- Who will you thank in your blog award acceptance speech?
- If you had the option to take a selfie with 5 other celebrities, who would they be?
- Do you wish you had a secret weapon to make pots of money from your blog?
- If Facebook or Google or Microsoft wanted to buy your blog, would you have the heart to sell it?
- One day you get up and realise your blog and all data (posts) you ever authored have disappeared from internet, would you have the heart to do it all over again?
- Have you ever copy-pasted from internet and used in your blog as your own?
A big bag of congratulations to all my nominees and hope you will pass the thread around to many more bloggers.